Tired of Being Screwed By Cox (no pun intended)

Wed, 18 Jun 2003 00:40:21 -0700 (MST)

Am 17. Jun, 2003 schw=E4tzte Michael Sheldon so:

> Spamassasin is nice, but does have a significant false-positive rate. Sin=
ce
> it primarily filters on content, most legit commercial email (Order
> receipts, order status messages, commercial mailing lists, etc.) get
> "whacked" by it.

Make it easy for your users to add incoming addies to white lists.

Also, I've set my filter to be 10 and believe I've only had one false
positive. I believe it was a forwarded message in Polish and the guy who
sent it to me is likely to have sent a either a joke that would set off
triggers or sent me some sort of warning that would include SPAM or
SPAM-like content.

A lot has still been getting through at 10, but I'm hoping the bayesian
filter will start catching more of that.

> This means it really can only be used as a "tagging" agent, not as a mean=
> to reject or discard mail. Which of course, means that you have to accept=
,
> then hand filter through the trash. I love it for it's ability to priorit=
ize
> things for me, but it's not a true solution for spam.

A suggestion from Brian was to put the SPAM ranking in the subject, then
sort the SPAM folder by subject. This allows you to look at items based on
their SPAM ranking. 48 is the highest ranking I've gotten thus far. Almost
half my tagged SPAM was ranked over 15.

subject_tag             SPAM(_HITS_):

ciao,

der.hans
--=20
#  ... make it clear I support "Free Software" and not "Open Source",
#  and don't imply I agree that there is such a thing as a
#  "Linux operating system". - rms