copy of redhat

Ted Gould plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
17 Jun 2003 08:17:49 -0700

--=-n6pIKzyodu/CpJLfo5E1

On Tue, 2003-06-17 at 05:27, Thomas Cameron wrote:
> What are they talking about on CheapBytes when they say "Pink Tie 9.0 has
> been modified to comply with the Red Hat 9.0 EULA (End User License
> Agreement) regarding the use of the Red Hat Logo and Trademark and theref=
ore
> is freely distributable" - did RH give them a hard time about selling the=
ir
> downloadable version?

Yeah, apparently RedHat was having problems with people saying "I bought
the RedHat CDs, why won't you support it?  I thought if I bought it
you'd support it."  Basically, people didn't understand that Cheapbytes
was selling the free download.  It's annoying that RedHat had to get on
them about the trademark of their name, but I do understand RedHat's
frustration.

		--Ted

--=-n6pIKzyodu/CpJLfo5E1

--=-n6pIKzyodu/CpJLfo5E1--