Good Bye Gnome, Hello KDE, I hope

Augie Grayfox plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Fri, 13 Jun 2003 18:58:15 -0700

From: Tom Achtenberg <TomA@fh.org>
To: "'plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us'"=20
<plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us>
Subject: RE: Good Bye Gnome, Hello KDE, I hope
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2003 07:12:16 -0700

I've been a systems administrator for hundreds of win boxen - 95, 98, Nt4=
, 2K=20
workstations and servers and finally got fed up with the way win OSes dec=
ide=20
to change for no reason whatsoever, so I gave up and switched to Linux.=20
Yes , you have to tweak your config but, once that's done you're stable a=
nd=20
you don't have to worry about dll hell or any other fickle change that yo=
ur=20
OS may want to put you through. No lockups for no reason, no blue screens=
, no=20
having to reboot and best of all no virii.
I control my computer ... it doesn't control me.
I'm not particularly in favor of any one OS  or distro but am much more=20
satisfied with Linux than I ever was with win.=20
BTW I run SuSE 8.0 on my main boxen with KDE and RH8 on another with Gnom=
e, 3=20
different Macs - 8.2 to OSX and 1 win 98SE and am going to get Debian for=
 a=20
firewall on one of my unused boxen.
Like was said in an earlier post...chew slowly and make sure you digest y=
our=20
food thoroughly.
--=20
Augie Grayfox
grayfox78 at cox dot net

"When things go wrong, don't go with them"  Anonymous