AOL blocking Cox IPs

Kurt Granroth plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Thu, 12 Jun 2003 11:39:47 -0700

On Thursday 12 June 2003 10:58 am, Thanasis Kinias wrote:
> So... I think I need to come up with some way to get Exim to relay e-mail.
> I assume that however the Windows world does e-mail (getting the MUA to
> hand off mail to an offsite SMTP server) will still get through AOL's
> blocking, but can't figure out how to configure Exim to do that instead of
> delivering directly.
>
> Has anyone gotten together a workaround for this yet?

Yes, just set exim up to use a "smart hose".  You didn't say if you were using
exim3 or exim4.  In the former case, comment out the 'lookuphost:' rule and
add this:

smarthost:
  driver = domainlist
  transport = remote_smtp
  route_list = * smtp.west.cox.net bydns

If you are using exim4, comment out the 'dnslookup:' rule and add this:

smarthost:
  driver = manualroute
  domains = ! +local_domains
  transport = remote_smtp