Multiple OSes, 1 Mozilla profile?

Austin Godber plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Wed, 11 Jun 2003 09:46:23 -0700

There used to be a server option where you could store your addressbook,
history, bookmarks and things on a remote server, this would allow you
to keep different machines mozilla synchronized (actually it may have
never been in Mozilla, just netscape).  It was pretty handy, but
everything went over the net in cleartext.  I liked it, but lost the
server I was using a few years ago.

Actually, user information synchronization is something that needs lots
of work overall.  There is no solution for keeping all of my information
synchronized adaquately.  I can keep my home directories in sync with
Unison, but the dot files become a problem, some of them have to be
different and some of them have to be the same.  Someday, I hope we see
a user dataspace abstraction that allows us to have highly portable data
that can be utilized in any user application.

Austin