project suggestions

Derek Neighbors plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Tue, 10 Jun 2003 12:40:52 -0700 (MST)

Mike Starke said:
> On Tue, Jun 10, 2003 at 01:51:02PM -0700, Alan Dayley wrote:
> /_Sounds like a perfect project for GNUEnterpise.  He could have Windows
> clients on a GNUe backend running on Linux.  Check it out at gnue.org.
> /_
>
> GNUe is certainly one option. I have always seen the potential in it. In
> fact, I would be very interested in hearing from someone who would
> consider taking on a GNUe front-end for a project like this one. I have
> always prided myself in some descent database designs, but know my user
> interfaces are horrendous :-)

Ok this will sound insane.  I get probably 10 emails a week for people
looking to do GNUe solutions but wanting 'guidance'/consulting.  I am so
swamped I have little time to do so, but know that GNUe fits 80% of their
needs.  In fact,  I still owe Kyle some of my time. :)

What I would love to do is maybe offer some GNUe Training to get people up
to speed on the framework.  Then turn these types of things over to them
as GNUe consultants.  I am sure there is money to be made out there in it.
 I just want to see GNUe utilized, but can only be in so many places at
once. :)

If there are people interested in becoming well versed in GNUe (and taking
on GNUe consultancy work) let me know either on or off list and I will see
what I can arrange.

-Derek