logrotate

plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Mon, 9 Jun 2003 14:49:15 -0400

Hello,

      I was viewing logrotate.conf and found an entry on where the files are stored and in that folder is a file named squid, if I remove that file for squid would logrotate then be able to operate without rotating the squid files?  This is the first time I have had to work with logroate and it is not very clear on the best way to modify it.

Below entry is in logroate.conf
# packages drop log rotation information into this directory
include /etc/logrotate.d

Below is logrotate.conf:

# see "man logrotate" for details
# rotate log files weekly
weekly

# keep 4 weeks worth of backlogs
rotate 4

# create new (empty) log files after rotating old ones
create

# uncomment this if you want your log files compressed
#compress

# packages drop log rotation information into this directory
include /etc/logrotate.d

# no packages own wtmp, or btmp -- we'll rotate them here
/var/log/wtmp {
    monthly
    create 0664 root utmp
    rotate 1
}

/var/log/btmp {
    missingok
    monthly
    create 0664 root utmp
    rotate 1
}

# system-specific logs may be configured here

Jim