Old computer from Slackware presentation, Part 3

David Huerta plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
07 Jun 2003 15:44:15 -0700

Its actually connected to the board's controller, and the scsi
connection on the video card isn't being used.  Even so, I can get it to
detect the hard drive, but not the cd-rom.  I have tried attaching an
IDE cdrom to the ide connector on the board, but anything I put on that
doesn't get detected.  In any case, I'm gonna try to get it to read a
cd-rom from an IDE controller card.  If this doesn't work, I'm thinking
about installing linux on another machine and swapping out the hard
drive from it to the old Slackware box.