MailDir and mail apps? [WAS: Re: dot-qmail questions]

Deepak Saxena plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Wed, 4 Jun 2003 11:01:29 -0700

Ok, dumb question time from me. How does a mailer like mutt
deal with maildir-based mail?  Does each maildir have a hashed
index?  I can see the advantages of having one message per file
as I have mboxes which are > 50MB in size and take a ridiculously
long time to load, but can all mail apps deal with them and how
does something like search work?

~Deepak

On Jun 04 2003, at 12:51, Mike Starke was caught saying: