NFS questions

Bill Warner plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
04 Jun 2003 14:08:18 -0700

the way I do it is have /home an nfs share.  This keeps everyone with
the same home directory.  Only issue I have seen is that some
applications dont like to share there ~<user>/.<directory> so you
sometimes have to log out on one machine before you log in on another.

As for /etc/passwd, /etc/shadow, /etc/group, /etc/hosts etc... you will
want to use nis+ for that.  This lets you share parts of files with
other hosts.

Hope this points you in the right direction.  time to rtfm from here.

Bill