FS in Latin America article

Alan Dayley plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Tue, 3 Jun 2003 15:09:03 -0700 (GMT)

Linux Journal has an interview with Cesar Brod, a Free Software and Linux advocate from Brazil.  It is a brief but bullet packed dicussion of Latin America's contributions to and use of Free and Open Source Software.

http://www.linuxjournal.com//article.php?sid=6915

With out intending it as such, this quote is priceless in light of current SCO lawsuits:

"I got to know of Linux by chance in 1993--the kernel and the GNU tools. At that time, I needed a UNIX to run on my notebook; I was supporting a customer far from where I lived and didn't want to travel that much. But a SCO/UNIX license was too expensive. Since then, I have been using free software and doing some consulting jobs with it."

Alan