DSL Modem Question

Shadow plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Wed, 30 Apr 2003 00:08:47 -0700

Kevin Brown wrote:
> Seems like my best long term solution will be to find a way to upgrade
> one of the lines (maybe by switching ISPs) and then once that line is
> redone, discontinue use on the line that is currently run by the 675.  I
> could try for a 678 on ebay, but would rather not bother since the
> devices are EOL anyway.  Only problem will be convincing my parents who
> are the ones actually paying for the lines as a change of ISP would mean
> a change of email addresses.

Actually, when changing ISPs, Qwest will not change out your CAP circuit
for a DMT circuit at the Central Office.  They will simply reroute your
DSL virtual circuit to the new ISP.  Qwest should be able to replace
your circuit with DMT without changing your ISP, but be prepared to pay
for it.  Your best bet is to contact your ISP.  They will have more
influence and contacts at Qwest to get it done.  Good luck.

--
Chris Lewis
shadow@digitalnirvana.com