Software RAID

David A. Sinck plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Mon, 28 Apr 2003 14:58:09 -0700

\_ SMTP quoth Don Calfa on 4/28/2003 14:48 as having spake thusly:
\_
\_ I'm in the process of  testing Linux Software RAID.  My goal is to take
\_ an array in one distro and access it from other distro's.  Where is the
\_ best site for info?  I currently have the array built with RH9, plan to
\_ kill (not the array) and try MDK9.1, Gentoo, Debian (woody), and Slack.
\_  I've found stuff on linas.org but I need more rudimentary info.
\_
\_ I eventually will have a distro up that will use it and I need the
\_ recovery practice.

I haven't read all through it, but so far the ora book on raid has
been good.

I'd save your config file(s) separately from /etc/ so that you can get
the devices set up easily in the various dists.

I believe 'mdadm' is the "tool of choice" according to the ora raid
book.

There's a few mailing lists around (besides this one) that might be of
usefulness if you don't like the qualithy or nature of the answers
here.  :-)

David