RealPlayer config

Craig White plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
28 Apr 2003 22:14:51 -0700

On Mon, 2003-04-28 at 08:58, Robert N. Eaton wrote:
> Understandable.  What's a better way of setting my security in RH8?
>
> Craig White wrote:
> > On Sat, 2003-04-26 at 09:40, Robert N. Eaton wrote:
> >
> >>Just tried to change my security settings. Even logged out as user and
> >>logged in as root. Went through the motons, but no matter what I tried,
> >>the security level stayed high/default settings.
> >>
> >>I thought _root_ gave me _power_ over the machine. Sump'n ain't right.
> >
> > ----
> > If you are talking about Redhat's lokkit...each time you run the
> > program, it defaults to high level security and makes no effort to read
> > in the current setup at all...it's very weak and minimal and confuses
> > people.
> >
> > Craig
-----
Rather than suggest a configuration tool (I've played with Firestarter
and that seems ok), I would prefer to suggest something far more
encompassing...

David Ranch Trinity OS & more specifically...his firewall/ip masq script
<http://www.ecst.csuchico.edu/~dranch/LINUX/ipmasq/c-html/index.html>

Craig