pppd hangs after connecting with a winmodem

William Lindley plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Sun, 20 Apr 2003 06:10:31 -0700 (MST)

Scott's problem is the same as was happening for Michael Havens, which is
the same as was happening for my dad... this same thing happens for all
distributions (Mandrake, RedHat, Debian, and others) using kppp... or just
about anything except pon/poff which is the only way my dad has been able
to use his modem under Linux.

Curiously, some folks on the list report kppp to work fine, but in my
experience it has never worked anywhere on any distro, always giving "died
unexpectedly."

If we can nail down WHY, I'll put the solution into an official FAQ
somewhere somehow.

There must be tens of thousands of people who have this same problem, but
I've never found a satisfactory answer anywhere on the net, after days of
googling.

\\/