suggestions for "value added services" on the plug website

Jeffrey Pyne plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Thu, 17 Apr 2003 09:22:05 -0700

On Thursday, April 17, 2003 12:45 AM, der.hans said:

> BTW, it's not that I hate Java. It's always been a bit slow
> and buggy

FWIW, the 1.4.1 release of the JDK has made great strides in performance and
stability, even over the 1.4.0 release.  One of our Java developers wrote an
application that took about 60 seconds to launch when it was built with
1.3.0 and about 45 seconds to launch when built under 1.4.0.  He was amazed
when he upgraded to 1.4.1 and the same application launched in about 2
seconds.

~Jeff