Lilo, the woman that ruined my life.

Mike Starke plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Sun, 13 Apr 2003 22:13:53 -0500

On Sun, Apr 13, 2003 at 01:39:01PM -0700, George Toft wrote:
/_I turned an old laptop (Sharp P-120) into a firewall because it had no
/_floppy.  I installed Linux onto the HD using a P3 IBM Laptop then moved
/_the HD to the Sharp - no problems encountered.  This trick WILL NOT WORK
/_with Windows.
/_

I agree with the "no problems encountered" from George. I can not
count the amount of time I have installed Linux (Debian) on one
PC, taken the hard drive out, then placed into another. Although
I have never done this transaction on a laptop, I see no reason why
it would not work.

v/r
-Mike