DRI in X

Aaron Cordova plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Wed, 09 Apr 2003 09:05:13 +0000

I went the route that you have suggested. The exact problem I have still is
that the command 'glxinfo' reports that DRI is disabled. But when I check
the XFree86.log It says that DRI was installed. I built the driver from the
X source and removed the kernel module and replaced it with X's. I installed
Mandrake to see how they are enabling DRI but a quick look at the X config
revealed nothing at all.
As for LFS, I have to say its freaking awesome. Its rock solid stable and
configured 110% to my needs, no extra libs lying around no extra programs
sitting around taking up space. Everything on my LFS is there for a reason
and gets used damn near all the time. Not to mention that the knowledge I
gained from building my own distro is priceless. Now I just need to learn
how to make a few more .conf files and rewrite my boot scripts and I will
shed my linux newbie skin :)