FS: Geekstuff -plus- a mac!

Gary Nichols plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Tue, 8 Apr 2003 09:57:39 -0700

Ok folks, here's what's left - and I added a mac!  Just a reminder that
this stuff is pickup from my home in Chandler (I'd bring it to a
meeting, but with my schedule I never get to make the meetings anymore).

Please email me privately!

Also, if you indicated that you wanted something and didn't contact me
this weekend - better do it again soon.  ;-)

1) I have a Compaq Netelligent 24-port managed switch (don't have the
rack mount brackets).  Works great, nice VLAN features.  Two ports are
10/100, the other 22 are 10MB Reduced: $40

2) Soundblaster Live! for Mac computers.  PCI sound card - NOT the
value card - works in classic, not sure if it works in OSX  $20

3) Plextor internal 50-pin SCSI Plexwriter 12/4/32 - used about 20
times (maybe) linux tested -  Reduced: $50

4) Voodoo2 PCI (works in linux!!) - $5

5) Soundblaster 16 PCI (works in linux!)- $10

6) SOLD

7) 64MB 144P DIMM [A8] for 333mhz iMAC.  This is for the expansion slot
w/o the cover only. $10

8) Linksys BEFSR41 4-port Cable/DSL Router $25

9) Sony Superstation 10GB internal IDE Tape drive in shrink-wrap box
w/two new tapes for Reduced: $25

10) Quantity 3 BRAND NEW Aluminum Travel hardcase for Palm V in shrink
wrap $5 each.

11) 1 BRAND NEW Handspring folding travel cradle in shrink wrap $5

12) 12v lighter adapter for Palm V brand new $5

13) Serial sync cable for handspring brand new $5

14) Two 15' (one may be 10) parallel printer cables $3 ea

15) SOLD

16) Palm V serial cradle $5

17) SOLD

18) SOLD

19) I have an HP USB Scanner 4200C that works in windows but not linux
last time I looked.  Well, the project for it is here:
http://hp4200-backend.sourceforge.net/
Works GREAT.  You'll need to supply a USB cable with one 'A' end and a
'B' end.  $20

20) SOLD

21) an iMac!  See below:
Picture of what one looks like (stock photo):
http://www.macs4sale.com/images/iMac-Front-small.gif

It's a G3/333Mhz, 160MB RAM, 6GB HD, 15" CRT, Mac OSX 10.2.4 + latest
patches.  It has a brand-spanking new CD-ROM drive (my daughter wore
the other one out!).

This baby is very clean, *however* there is one scratch on the iMac and
it happens to be on the CRT screen - the shape of a small '7'.  To a
child, it's not even noticeable.  To an older techie, it might be
annoying.    This rev of iMac also will not read CHEAP-O CDR discs, so
if you're installing software make sure you burn it onto a name-brand
CDR like Verbatim.

Anyhoo, with the scratch on the screen I'm selling it for $250.

If you search on eBay, this price is reasonable considering you won't
be paying for shipping - just gas!
http://search-completed.ebay.com/search/
search.dll?GetResult&query=imac+333&ht=1&combine=y&st=2&SortProperty=Met
aEndSort

Also, the keyboard and hockey-puck mouse are included - unless you
don't want them.  (insert your favorite hockeypuck mouse joke).

You can always put YellowDog Linux on it.  ;-)

Gary