sending GAIM URLs to an open Mozilla

David Huerta plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Fri, 4 Apr 2003 16:07:07 -0700

How does one go about using an MSN account in Gaim, anyway?

-----Original Message-----
From: plug-discuss-admin@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
[mailto:plug-discuss-admin@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us] On Behalf Of Lynn
David Newton
Sent: Thursday, April 03, 2003 7:46 AM
To: Phoenix Linux Users Group
Subject: sending GAIM URLs to an open Mozilla

I've been using GAIM successfully on a daily basis for
work for several months. Basically, I'm not too fond of
instant messaging to begin with, because it's
intrusive, but it's useful to have when you're working
with people spread across the country, as I am.

There are only a couple of features about GAIM that I
either don't care for or can't figure out. In the
latter category is the matter of sending URLs to an
already running browser. In the preferences I can
select Konqueror, Opera, Netscape, Mozilla, Galeon, or
"Manual". I have a browser running at all times, and
normally I send URLs found in email and files to my
already-running Mozilla. I've selected Manual and tried
mozilla -remote %s, netscape -remote %s, and a few
other variations, but when I click on a URL someone
sends me via ICQ, it tries to open a new mozilla.

Does anyone know how to fix that?

That's the most important thing, but I'm also
frustrated that I can't seem to fix the appearance of
fonts, no matter what I set. I don't care a whit about
outgoing text. All I ever want to send it simple plain
text, unperverted by embedded HTML. What I want to
change is the teeny-tiny text font that I see on screen
when I type and read messages. The dang thing is making
me go blind.

All advice much appreciated.

--
Lynn David Newton