Extracting kernel config - was: Question on building a new kernel

Bart Garst plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Fri, 4 Apr 2003 08:16:36 -0700

I looked into this and apparently RedHat does NOT enable this feature in
their default kernels. It is rather cool though. In `make menuconfig`, under
general setup, the help option does not elaborate on how to get the
compressed config file out of the kernel image. How is this accomplished?

Thx,
Bart

Well, as I said. RH may have compiled-in support for /proc/config which is
the
currently running config file direct from the kernel itself.  I enable it on
all
my Gentoo kernels just in case.