Net Install for Debian - Help...

Jay plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Tue, 1 Apr 2003 14:05:57 -0700 (MST)

You shouldn't have to download and install one from the net. There should
be a driver for that card on the install ISO. If you don't see your VIA
card (or similar) in the list provided by the install CD, then try "NE2000
PCI" or "NE2K PCI" or something like that. Most of the more recent PCI
cards will work with the NE2000 generic driver.

Also, I'm not too "up to date" on recent NICs,, but I'm not aware that Via
makes a NIC. It's probably on-board and built-in to your motherboard. If
this is the case, you might also want to try the Intel EtherExpress Pro
100 driver. A lot of built-in NICs seem to be an Intel chipset.

Good luck. :)

~Jay

On Tue, 1 Apr 2003, Stuart Foster wrote:

> Great that works I now know I have a VIA card...
> And I know where the driver is on the net, how do I get the install progr=
am to use it?

> Sorry for the basic questions. Well I don't have to tell you Hans.

--=20
~Jay