noise levels

A.J. Achilles plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Fri, 27 Sep 2002 17:05:04 -0700

There are a lot of factors in noise level.
The amount of fans, the condition (unbalanced, dusty fans make more noise),
the case time, internal dampening.

The Dual 1.6GHz Athlon MP Linux box I am running has 13 fans. Including the
two in the plexiglass side window. It sounds like a server room all by
itself. http://www.thecenotaph.com/pics/punisher5.jpg

I plan on getting a dampening kit from www.coolerguys.com It's how I manage
noise, it helps a little.