gpg on remote system?

Mike Starke plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Thu, 26 Sep 2002 18:24:45 -0500

I have used gpg quite extensively throughout
the years, however, much of my use of it is on
my own PC or notebook (physical access).
I haven't seen any mention of the benefits
of detached signatures in the threads the past few days.
It's a great way to determine if any binaries have been
tampered with.

Anyway, I was wondering what some folks thought about the use
of gpg on a remote system. All of my mail is read and sent
by ssh'ing into an account I have @csoft. They have Mutt,
Mutt is my favorite, and I'm a happy camper. I am not interested
in pulling down my mail via fetchmail (or some other equivalent
method (POP, IMAP, etc). I like the system I have.

should I just generate a key (or export my own here at home) and scp
it over to my account? Any suggestions?

I know if anyone got a hold of my secring, the validity of
any of my message would hinge on someone guessing/cracking
my passphrase; but I hardly think my activites warrant
anyone's time to do so.

v/r
Mike