I installed Quanta+ but how do I execute it?

Craig White plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
18 Sep 2002 03:57:33 -0700

On Wed, 2002-09-18 at 00:57, Mark Berkwitt wrote:
> I'm using RH 7.3, downloaded the latest Quanta+ tar.bz2 files, ran
> ./configure, make, and make install as root. It took a long time, but as far
> as I can tell it installed ok. However, I don't know how to start the
> program.
-----
It should show up in KDE menu's but IIRC, I used rpm. That installed it
in my Utilities menu in KDE (called Quanta Plus).

which quanta at my command prompt shows me that it's installed in
/usr/bin

Ways to start it...
exit Xwindows and restart Xwindows to see if it's in the menus.
or
command prompt start it
or
create a new launcher that launches it like it were a command prompt.

If you launch from a command prompt...note that it will launch with user
properties of the user at the time. Therefore, if you have a command
prompt as su, it will launch as su. I found that I liked launching
quanta as a user not as su

Craig