(no subject)

Fri, 13 Sep 2002 08:28:43 -0700 (MST)

Am 13. Sep, 2002 schwätzte Nathan England so:

> Doesn't Kpackage in kde support debian packages? I know it supports rpm and
> slack packs.

*ack* *gasp* *ack* It depends on rpm! *ack*   ;-)

Just tried it. It actually can run as a normal user and asks for the root
password when needed. That's a feature synaptic and gnome-apt need (
actually gnome-apt works properly on one box, but not on another ). kpackage
also allows download-only and other apt-get options. kpackage has the nicest
looking interface and the menu bar people will expect.

synaptic show dependencies. It has 'fix broken'. The filters are good. Being
able to add your own filters is awesome. They're not being saved between
sessions :(.

gnome-apt's interface didn't make sense. Might be due to my expecting
debianisms.

I agree with Derek and recommend synaptic based on the brief look I've given
the three. kpackage is also good, though.

ciao,

der.hans
--
#  https://www.LuftHans.com/    http://www.TOLISGroup.com/
#  When I work, I work hard. When I play, I play hard.