IP-Masq stronger firewall-2.4

Tue, 10 Sep 2002 11:15:23 -0700 (MST)

Am 10. Sep, 2002 schwätzte Frank Mandato so:

>   Make sure that the line # rc.firewall-2.4-stronger FWVER=0.73s is on
> one line. not 2.

Actually, those are two lines. FWVER is a variable and it's being assigned
"0.73s".

>   There are an additional line or two where there are uncommented out
> beginnings, make sure that all lines that are commented out are on 1
> line and if not place the # in front of the continuation.
>
>   You may want to try /sbin/iptables since all the following commands
> are also /sbin/
>
>   BTW I installed the very same script and it runs pretty good, though I
> need to figure out how to run it when I reboot, I still need to run it
> manually.

It looks like you're using exim, so you're probably using debian.

Look at the command "update-rc.d" for handling the startup soft link farms.

I forget what it is for RH. Look for my locking down RH doc for that :).

I don't know if RH-based systems use the same thing as RH. I'm pretty sure
SuSE does not.

ciao,

der.hans
--