PLUG web site

Derek Neighbors plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
01 Sep 2002 08:31:35 -0700

--=-xWuD/Q5XtlKnmOeNyGED

On Sat, 2002-08-31 at 23:24, Alan Dayley wrote:
> The Liunx Users Group of Davis (http://www.lugod.org) has one of the best=
 user=20
> group sites I have seen.  There doesn't seem to be a colaboration compone=
nt=20
> beyond IRC, but the rest looks smooth and professional.

I couldnt agree more.  My first question when hearing PostNuke, was
Why?  I can speak from minor experience here.  For GNUe we used postNuke
for quite some time (and its a lovely little system, I have few real
gripes for it).  However, it was just overkill.  I think it will be the
same for the PLUG website, I dont think we need something that big and
cumbersome for what we do.

I dont think the 'website' is the place to collaborate.  I think that
email lists and irc are much more conducive to real time collaboration
and for setting up things like installfests and such.  The website
basically becomes information presentation and not idea exchange.  In
which case phpNuke seems like a Forumla One car on a go kart track. :)

Just my two cents.

--=20
Derek Neighbors
GNU Enterprise