2 mutt questions

David A. Sinck plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Thu, 31 Oct 2002 15:07:40 -0700

\_ SMTP quoth Mike Starke on 10/31/2002 16:17 as having spake thusly:
\_
\_ /_It is, in fact indent_string.  I tried it before replying to this
\_ /_message (with ':set indent_string=": "' while in Mutt), and it worked as
\_ /_expected.  (I reset it back to its default before actually composing
\_ /_this message.)

That indent string seems suspicously familiar, Mike.  Wherever did you
get it?  :-)

\_ /_How are you trying to set it?  You ought to be able to just put 'set
\_ /_indent_string="whatever you want"' in your .muttrc.
\_ /_
\_ Hmm, I just figured out what that problem was (after all this time).
\_ I had a line in my .muttrc like this: "set indent_string="\ "
\_ It doesn't like the backslash. Any idea how to get around that?

backslash is probably the quoting character which means to quote it
you probably need to say "\\".  Repeating the quote character is
typically the way to get the real quote character in a string.  This
holds true for % in sprintf, \ in perl (in most cases), ' in most
sqls, and probably a host of others.

>From my emacs/vm set up:

(setq vm-included-text-prefix        "\\_ ")

YMMV.

David