Exchange2000 to Linux based

Shadow plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Wed, 30 Oct 2002 21:17:03 -0700

Matt,

>>I'm hoping that version 2.x will be more robust, because Outlook really
>>needs a standards compliant message transport plug-in that supports all
>>of it's features.
>
>From their website, it looks like they're up to version 3.5.

They are up to v3.5 on the server side, which is stable and robust.  The
core components consist of Cyrus, OpenLDAP and EXIM MTA.  The real
benefit of the licensed version of the Insight Server is the Web
Administration and Anti-Virus components.

I was refering to Insight Connector, the client side plug-in for
Outlook.  That's where the majority of the problems are.  Whether it's
poor code from Bynari or just problems with Outlook, the plug-in still
isn't strong enough yet to survive the new and improved office idiots
out there.

--
Chris Lewis
shadow@digitalnirvana.com