OpenBSD or..

Mike Starke plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Wed, 30 Oct 2002 15:59:18 -0500

On Wed, Oct 30, 2002 at 12:34:32PM -0800, Matt Alexander wrote:
 On Wed, 30 Oct 2002, Mike Starke wrote:

 > I agree with the opinion provided above. I needed another 'tool'
 > in my box for things like firewalling; that is what drove me
 > to try OpenBSD. I was tired of learning new programs/rules
 > in Linux.

 You didn't like learning new programs/rules in Linux so you decided to
 learn OpenBSD instead...  errr...

--"I" found the learning curve in setting up packet filters/nat
--in OpenBSD far easier than it's Linux conterpart. This was the
--time Linux went to iptables, gosh I just figured out ipchains.

 > I am also a huge Debian fan; I use OpenBSD & Debian mainly
 > for stability. Both, to me, are rock solid and do not have
 > a fraction of the problems I see posted to this list.

 Most of the problems on this list have to do with hardware configuration
 or GUI-related "user" issues.

--I suppose you are somewhat correct here. I do not display enough patience
--with folks that are trying to get a GUI to configure something when opening
--the file in Vi would suffice. I also see (or perceive there to be) quite a bit of installation problems
--as well....something I am ignorant to with apt-get at my disposal.

v/r
-Mike