Open Office

Sundar plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Tue, 29 Oct 2002 15:33:54 -0700

I remember a similar problem, when one of my windoze friends wanted to
try Linux and went with Mandrake. Of course, she also had lot of other
things (like fonts are smaller..) to gripe about. I asked her to tryout
Redhat 8.0,  primarily because I have never worked with Mandrake. So
that, I can actually understand and help her out. But, once she had RH
8.0 loaded, she hasn't called me much.

I would say -- if you are starting brand new, start off with RH 8.0.

Of course, there will be lots and lots of Mandrake, Debian, SuSE ..
aficionados  will be vouching for their distro too. So, this is just my
2 cents and not a call for any distro wars.

Cheers!
Sundar
PS. Sorry, didn't help you much. Huh! :-\