SUSE 8.0 install problem any ideas?

Ernest Baca plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Fri, 25 Oct 2002 09:52:37 -0700

I try to boot into rescue.  The support people sent me some instructions on
booting into rescue then sending them a file.  Same problem.  My cdrom goes
into lala land because it is hooked up to the motherboard controller which
is not recognized.  When I responded to suse with that problem they sent
back an e-mail telling me that they would have to charge for further support
which I won't do since they can't even figure it out themselves.  I read the
problem with the promise controller cards.  It seems to be a problem with
thier raid cards.  This is just a standard promise ata133 card.

Thanks,
Ernie Baca