A problem.

Dallas Helquist plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
23 Oct 2002 22:46:54 -0600

On Tue, 2002-10-22 at 04:46, Taliesin MacAran wrote:
> Think about this George,
> Most of the answers I've gotten to my questions didn't work.

<snip>

You stated earlier that you were using kpackage or such to install the
RPM.  Not being familiar with kpackage, I am assuming you had to
download the RPM first, and then used kpackage to try to install it?  If
so, wherever you downloaded the first RPM there should be a twin
-dev.rpm, simply download that see if there is an option in kpackage to
either not check dependencies(sp?) or to "force" (or both) the install.
If you were doing this from command line (as root) it would be 'rpm -ihv
--force --nodeps /path/to/rpm/file', run once for each RPM.  I suggest
avoiding the "force" and "nodep" options when doing RPMs though - bad
things can happen.

Have you considered using the RedHat up2date program?  You can get a
free registration to allow you to just use 'up2date packagename', and
have the latest redhat release of the package (and all dependencies!!)
automagicly installed.

Anways,

-dallas