A problem.

Kevin Brown plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Wed, 23 Oct 2002 19:36:45 -0700

> > This was the best argument I have seen against HTML in email on mailing
> > lists.  At my current job we are forcing the standardization on plain
> > text as that gives the most control of the message to the receiver (they
> > control the font, size and color) rather than the sender.  Maybe I'll add
> > this to the list of reasons to NOT use html in email's if we don't have
> > to.
>
> You left ASU? Last I knew they were enforcing HTML, even if you turned it
> off at the client :(.

Correct.  I am no longer a student lacky.  I'm now a full-time IT/TCS gopher
lackey elsewhere in the valley.  Most of my work is now with Windows Desktops
and servers, but because of the researchers and graphics people there will be
quite a few Mac OSX laptops/desktops.  I also handle the switches, routers,
patch panels, phones, phone switches, voice mail, etc...

A lot of work, but it keeps me busy and gives me a steady, full-time paycheck.