HTML e-mail (and the visually impaired)

technomage plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Mon, 21 Oct 2002 23:39:41 -0700

ok,
I've been reading what I can of the rant about proper nettiquette of late.
IMHO, it is simply easier to send plain text unless the circumstances require
otherwise. However, wouldn't it be better to send html as an attached
document instead of imbedding it right smack in the place I need to read?
All those HTML tags are visible in kmail (and some don't translate well).

mind you, I don't want to appear as a faq nazi or a netcop, but you have to
consider the audience. in my case, I am a minority of possibly 5 on this list
who are visually impaireddealing with hard coded html on poorly designed
sites is one thing, but I'd rather not have to deal with it here too (and why
should I have to create a filter to filter it out? Thats not my job!).

so, for those arguing both points, have a little consideration of who else
may be reading the list here (via the list or google of whatever search
engine trips their trigger). are we going to present ourselves in a
professional manner, or are we going to behave like a bunch of spoiled kids,
have a flame war and disband (a lot like what happened to both the amiga and
commodore users groups of a few years back).

comments appreciated.
live chat at pretorian.ath.cx:6667 or pcman.ath.cx:6667

thanks.

Technomage