A problem.

Craig White plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
21 Oct 2002 19:49:00 -0700

On Mon, 2002-10-21 at 12:13, Bill Nash wrote:

> On 21 Oct 2002, Craig White wrote:
>
> > Lighten up Bill - he's new
> >

> 	Not new enough that he isn't aware of what he's doing. Had he said
> 'Whoops, didn't realize that was enabled', that's one thing. 'Filter me if
> you don't like it', to paraphrase, is something else entirely. I was
> content to leave the thread alone until that cropped up. If I was going to
> thrash on newbies, well, I wouldn't do it here, certainly, despite ample
> opportunity. Everyone was new at some point, myself include, so there's a
> certain amount of leeway to be had. It's ill repayment to the folk who
> were patient with me in those days. But not everyone has a crummy
> attitude, and I'm sorry, but I feel there's no place here for blatant
> disregard for other peoples' opinions. Calling the lot of us 'whiners'
> didn't set too well either.
----
I get your point but I disagree.

Your first post on the subject went 5 paragraphs and failed to point to
any references that make the point.

There was an opportunity to make a new 'member' a little more
enlightened. I share your disdain for html posts - especially when they
get hard to read but I know it isn't necessary to beat people up when
they don't get it.

Craig