Back for more help

Frank burton plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Sun, 20 Oct 2002 06:08:46 +0000

OK I'm back with more questions
Once again I'm running RH 8.0 on a compaq presario 1400 laptop.
I'm trying to configure my modem. when I run the internet-druid it tells me
no modem was found on my system. When I tried lspci it told me I have a
Conextant HCF 56K modem as my ethernet controller as well as my
communication controller. Now I believe this is a Winmodem so I went to this
site www.mbsi.ca/cnxtlinuxdri/hsf/index.html.
and downloaded the correct driver and installed it but I am still not able
to detect a modem. Anyone have any Ideas?

Frank

Surf the Web without missing calls! Get MSN Broadband.