OGG and Losslessness (Re: MP3 to OGG converter? (Was: Re: Xmms an d RH8))

Bill Warner plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
18 Oct 2002 09:19:19 -0700

from the document that you provided I think this is more of a lossless
compression only between the stereo channels.  Rather than throwing out
stereo samples that it would normally deem unnecessary it would keep
them.  The over all sound sample is still lossy.

Although I don't know much about ogg, and that is just my interpretation
of the doc you sent to the list.

Bill W

--
Bill Warner
Unix/Linux Admin.

Company required stuff:

Contents are Direct Alliance Corporation Confidential

This message is for the designated recipient(s) only and contains
Direct Alliance Corporation privileged and confidential information.
If you have received it in error, please notify the sender immediately
and delete the original. Any other use of this email is prohibited.
A computer without a Microsoft operating system is like a dog without
bricks tied to its head.