Weather Alert program.

Dennis Kibbe plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Sun, 13 Oct 2002 08:47:28 -0700

On Saturday 12 October 2002 09:26 am, you wrote:
> I used to use a Windows program called InterWarn which would
> download new weather alerts for Arizona from the National Weather Service,
> sound an alert and then e-mail the new alert.  (It really does a bit more,
> but that's what I'm mostly interested in.) It could search for new alerts
> as little as every 1 minute to as much as every 60 minutes.

While I haven't rerally researched it, I'm under the impression that the raw
weather data is easliy obtainable from http://weather.gov. possibly via FTP
and is in an open, text format.

Should be easy to sent up a script/filter to download trhe current info and
then look for certain keywords.

Or am I mistaken?

Dennis Kibbe