Broadband in Scottsdale?

Tom Achtenberg plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Sat, 12 Oct 2002 13:05:58 -0700

When I had my original install from Qwest the tech saw my Linux box and
commented that he loved Linux.

-----Original Message-----
From: plug-discuss-admin@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
[mailto:plug-discuss-admin@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us]On Behalf Of Ed
Skinner
Sent: Saturday, October 12, 2002 8:55 AM
To: plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Subject: Re: Broadband in Scottsdale?

     I'm in north Phoenix (near Thunderbird and Central, in Moon Valley).
     The "install" was mandatory with the package we got -- no self-install
option was available. Committed to seeing the $100 leave my checking
account,
I went ahead let the guy come out. I let him configure a (now gone) windows
machine. As soon as he had that working, I disconnected it and did the
comparable configuration on Linux while the guy watched and commented. He
learned something while I benefited from having someone fairly knowledgeable
look over my shoulder.
     Not worth $100 if you can avoid it, however. If you understand a little
about Linux network configuration, you won't need their installer.

--
Ed Skinner, ed@flat5.net, http://www.flat5.net/