almost off-topic but not quite

Dennis Kibbe plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Wed, 9 Oct 2002 22:10:19 -0700

On Monday 07 October 2002 04:20 am, you wrote:
> i just moved to the phoenix area and am in need of finding a bank/credit
> union.   However, I do use linux exclusively on my desktop.   Can anyone
> recommend a financial institution that has online banking that is
> accessable with one of the browsers under linux (mozilla, galeon,
> konqueror, etc).
>
> Thanks,
> David

While not local NetBank ( www.netbank.com ) has worked well for me under
Mozilla. An advantage is that they pay interest on checking and I can see all
my account balances (including credit cards from other institutions) on one
page. Deposits can be mailed in or use an afilliated local ATM like Desert
Schools Federal Credit Union. ATM card has the Visa logo so it works
everywhere.

Downside is deposits can take 5~7 days to credit to the account from the time
you mail them or drop into the ATM. Not for those who live paycheck to
paycheck.

Dennis Kibbe