RH 8.0 CDs

Wed, 9 Oct 2002 14:14:00 -0700 (MST)

Am 09. Oct, 2002 schwätzte Michael Knee so:

> Are RedHat's servers always this swamped???
>
> It's been more than a week since RH8.0 was released.  I made 5 or 6 attempts
> to download, so far the farthest I got was 32MB of the first file before the
> connection dropped, the best speed was 3.8 kB/s.  This over a Cox cable
> modem connection that tests at 187 kB/s.
>
> Is it just a matter of waiting till the release 8.0 rush is over, or is it
> always like this?

Regardless of their capabilities, it does cost them money and 6 x 700 MB for
each of us is a lot of bandwidth. Therefore, I think it's better if we make
copies for each other.

We have several meetings a month and many of us show up regularly enough for
this to work. Our only issue is that the eastside<=>westside pony express
doesn't run a regular route :).

ciao,

der.hans
--
#  https://www.LuftHans.com/    http://www.TOLISGroup.com/
#  I chose to use the kernel sources as my documentation.  ;-)