Will any ATI cards run on linux?

George Toft plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Sat, 05 Oct 2002 23:25:50 -0400

I just installed (today) a Radeon 7500 AGP 32MB and it sucked.  Sax
couldn't figure out what xserver to use, so it chose the framebuffer
fbdev, and the refresh was horrid (gave me a headache).  The video was
really slow - I could watch it repaint the screen as I resized a window.

What did you do to get it working so well?

George