xine and dvd playback

plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Sat, 05 Oct 2002 03:28:30 -0400

Just reinstalled Mandrake 8.2.  I've never been able to get this to work.  I can only get region free DVD's to play and not region 1.

Is there a quick answer to get this to work?  Based on the web sites, I have to remove xine, install certain plugins, re-install xine, and add more plugins to get this to work.  Each site tells me to go to another site and so on to get an answer and it's like I'm chasing the bunny rabbit down the hole.

Maybe I'm reading this wrong or it's too late but any help would be appreciated.