Win2k dual boot recovery help

Alan Dayley plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Tue, 01 Oct 2002 10:04:56 -0700

One of my coworkers installed Red Hat 7.3 on another partition of a Windows
2000 system.  We installed GRUB in the master boot record (MBR) of the hard
drive and now only Linux will boot (Darn!).  Windows 2000 gives a file
missing error an will not boot when selected from the GRUB menu.

OK, I know if we boot with a Windows boot floppy and run "fdisk /mbr" this
will restore to MBR allowing Windows 2000 to boot but then Linux won't
boot.  Is there a way to do the "fdisk /mbr" and then get back to the Linux
boot too, without having to re-install Linux?

Alan "Not wanting to do it again"