e-mail problem

Craig White plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
29 Nov 2002 11:38:00 -0700

On Fri, 2002-11-29 at 12:35, cliff rogers wrote:
> Nov 28 15:10:57 clarkconnect exim[30286]:2002-11-28 15:10:57 Start queue run: pid=30286
> the next listing I get is:
> Nov 28 15:10:57 clarkconnect exim[30286]:2002-11-28 15:10:57 End queue run: pid=30286
>
> This is my log file in ClarkConnect. I have run a thorough virus scan on my C: drive of my windows box and I am coming up negative on any virii. I used Norton A/V that was just installed and updated. Exim is the e-mail server on ClarkConnect. It was running but I just shut it down. Could this be where the e-mails that have been being sent out from my system are coming from? I shut down my windows box at night and yet I again got refusals sent to me at times through the night. Thanks for any help. Cliff
-----
I think that it would be a mistake for you to run a mail server. You
should probably stop the mail server on the clarkconnect box.

The message that is trying to be delivered keeps getting rejected. it's
the same message and the same rejection.

As for the reason for the rejection, I'm quite certain that it's buried
in the message that comes to you on the rejection. I don't see the point
in guessing.

Just use smtp.west.cox.net for anything you configure and it will be ok.

Craig