e-mail on linux box

Craig White plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
28 Nov 2002 12:09:50 -0700

On Thu, 2002-11-28 at 11:42, cliff rogers wrote:
> Craig, I have had the ZoneAlarm since I got my cable setup so that I would
> have some protection and I have been concerned about removing it since I
> have been having this problem. I understand that I need to run anti-virus
> software but I'm not sure yet which one I should use- There is a question
> for the list if anyone wants to send me some advice on this I would
> appreciate it. And as far as I can tell, according to Symantec my box is now
> clean. Thanks for the info on the maillog file. I will go and check this out
> and see what I can find. Thanks for all the responses to everyone who did.
> Cliff

----
If you have a windows computer connected directly to the cable modem,
you need ZoneAlarm or something similar - If you have the linux box
'masquerading' / nat'ing the lan, you don't unless you don't trust your
family or co-workers.

As for anti-virus, one was mentioned already but why put windows
anti-virus up to a vote on a linux message list - Why not just figure
any current anti-virus software will be better than what you have now -
none

Craig