MultipassC5500

Craig White plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
28 Nov 2002 10:21:35 -0700

On Thu, 2002-11-28 at 10:18, Michael Havens wrote:

> 	They say that the bjc600 driver works for my printer so I found the source
> code and was going to compile it(I learned how). So I opened emacs, copied
> the text from the web page
> (http://www.linuxprinting.org/ppd-o-matic.cgi?driver=bjc600&printer=101952&.submit=Generate+PPD+file),
> and paste into emacs. <BEEP> What in the wold? It wouldn't do it! Undaunted,
> I tried kword and thought to myself that all I needed to do was paste it into
> there and then transfer it from there into emacs (long shot but when you're
> desperate you do strange things). <BEEP> Then I discovered that paste is
> Cntrl-y in emacs (in their own world that is ) but it still wouldn't paste.
> Then I saw C-x, i; insert file. So I copied it into kword, saved that
> document, and ran C-x, i (insert file). It imported it but it was unreadable.
> Now I'm thinking that I need to save it as an ASCII file but I soon discover
> that kword doesn't do that. AbiWord probably does but I am encountering the
> same problem I am with emacs. It won't paste in.
>
> So I am now asking you wise people.
>
> How does one paste text into emacs?
> :-( Mike )-:
----
highlight the text in whatever window you see it
change to xemacs
click with 3rd mouse button

BUT

I believe you are using RH 8 and I wouldn't bother doing that

from virtual console - as root (su - to root if necessary)

type - setup

or by redhat-config-printer (in gui mode)

Multipass-5500 is listed (and indeed uses bjc-600) - it's all there
already

Craig