Audio CD Burning [WAS: Re: mp3 to wav*]

ShieldX plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Wed, 27 Nov 2002 16:21:10 -0700

I apologize for misleading you,
when I was mentioning 'dd', I was implying (vaguely) that I used it for
reading cd -images-, i.e. ISO files.
Reading audio with dd however, Is an interesting idea but
I found that it didn't work.
It will read the "data" part of a mixed mode CD but, when it hits the
Audio part, it gives:
> dd: reading `/dev/cdrom': Input/output error
> ####+0 records in
> ####+0 records out
Now, you _could_ give it the "conv=noerror" option to read audio but then it
keeps spewing the forementioned I/O error message.
I think dd can be used for a lot of things, of which this may not be one.